La Roche-Posay Favourites
La Roche-Posay is one of my all-time favourite skincare lines. I have very sensitive combination skin that reacts to makeup and skincare products that aren’t hypoallergenic, so I love the brand because they cater to sensitive skin types (even intolerant and irritated skin that’s undergoing laser treatments or peels). My skin is fussy- I have occasional breakouts, an oily t-zone, dry skin on my cheeks in the winter etc. La Roche Posay is one of the only brands that I can actually find products that cover all those areas.
The reason why I love French pharmacy skincare lines (La Roche-Posay, Avene, Vichy, Bioderma) is because their products focus on skincare from a dermatologist standpoint and actually work to improve your skin while using the gentlest ingredients possible. They’re just straight to the point when it comes to your needs- no overhyped marketing schemes when trying to look for a decent moisturizer! When it comes to skincare, I will always choose these lines over those luxurious (and often overpriced!) cosmetic skincare lines.
With La Roche-Posay, I love how they have such a great range of products for every type of sensitive skin- whether you’re oily, combination, dry, extremely dry (and anything in betweeen). During the year, my skin changes from season to season, so I tend to switch up my skincare products according to the needs of my skin. Here are my top La Roche-Posay picks that I use throughout the year that I can’t stop raving about.
1. Toleriane Dermo Cleanser- I use this almost as a pre-cleansing step to remove makeup. I massage it into the skin, then use a muslin cloth or baby wipe to remove the excess product. Then I use a gel-based cleanser after this step and rinse with water to thoroughly cleanse the skin.
2. Hydraphase Intense Masque- Such a great masque for dehydrated skin! Love the light, gel-like texture that’s hydrating but not greasy. I reach for this product once a week during the winter months. Also great for post-flights when your skin is looking parched and dull.
3. Effaclar Mat Daily Moisturizer For Oily Skin- For oily, acne-prone skin types, this is your ultimate moisturizer! With it’s gel-like texture, it dries to a matte finish and it’s perfect as a base for makeup. I use this under my foundation when my t-zone is looking like an oil slick and I don’t know what else to do to keep the oiliness at bay.
4. Anthelios SPF 60 Lotion Ultra-Fluide- My HD sunscreen. I never used to wear sunscreen on my face because I hated that greasy, heavy feeling like you have a thin film sitting on your skin. That completely changed after I tried this sunscreen- it’s extremely light because it’s water-based, and it dries to a slightly matte finish (it’s also 60 SPF) so I use this daily year round and especially in the summer.
5. Hydraphase UV SPF 30 Moisturizer- This is my go-to moisturizer for daytime (I was looking for an SPF + moisturizer combo, tried this and loved it). The texture feels nice on the skin and hydrates really well.
6. Hydraphase Intense Serum- I’m such a serum junkie. I’m not the biggest fan of thick cold cream type creams, so I love how serums are light but are so effective because of all the active ingredients in them. This one does not disappoint! If you have dry or dehydrated skin, give this one a try. A must-have for the winter months for me.
7. Hydraphase Intense Light Moisturizer- Love this moisturizer for summer months because it’s so light. If you have normal to combination skin, this one provides a light but hydrating effect and great for day and night.
If you made it to the end of this post, let me know in the comments if you’ve tried any La Roche-Posay products and your experiences with them!
*Please note BEAUTY x LIT is not affiliated or sponsored by La Roche Posay