Since I’ve been travelling a lot as of late, I thought I’d put together a list of my essential travel products that are both amazing and all under 100 ml (and safe to bring on the plane). It’s really frustrating when I bring all my full-sized products whenever I go on vacation because it takes up at least 5 lbs of my luggage… so I make do with these lil minis:
1. Bioderma Sensibio H20- So glad they came out with a mini travel size! Yes, this product lives up to the hype. It’s a great product- extremely gentle and non-irritating to remove makeup and gently cleanse skin without drying out the skin or leaving an oily residue behind.
2. Aquaphor- This mini-tube is my HG for life. Amazing for really chapped lips + cuticles and works well to dab a bit under the eyes right before a flight to nix dehydrated and puffy under eyes.
3. St. Tropez Bronzing Mousse– I’ve been a die-hard St. Tropez fan for years (which also means I’ve had to deal with all the messy spills in my luggage from dragging around the full-sized bottle). Thankfully…they introduced a super cute mini of the real thing- and it comes with a mini-pump and everything. More on St. Tropez in my story on glow.ca here
4. La Roche Posay Eau Thermale Water Spray- No one likes dry and stuffy plane air. Solution? Spritzing this light mist on mid-flight. Your skin will feel so much more hydrated, refreshed and less fatigued. (Just don’t spritz this from your seat to avoid any awkward stares).
5. Batiste Dry Shampoo- Hands down favourite dry shampoo. I think the blush scent is actually really mild and one of the better scents for their dry shampoos. So glad it comes in a mini. Great for adding lift to the roots of limp and gross just-got-off-the-plane hair.
6. Lancome Effacernes Concealer– Okay, it’s not technically a mini of the product but its small enough to stash in your bag for a flight. It’s waterproof and extremely long lasting. Also doubles as a foundation (used sparingly) when you want to travel light! And it comes in a squeeze tube which is ideal for touchups on the go so you won’t have to dip your fingers into a product.
A tip to travel light when it comes to beauty products? Always ask for samples when you’re purchasing makeup or skincare. Just try not to nag for samples if you aren’t buying anything. Skincare, makeup and fragrance samples are amazing for travelling, you can just use the sample tube and toss it when you’re done (aka a lighter makeup bag for the trip home).